Whoever runs the Cubs Insider twitter account posted this photo earlier, so I know that Tom actually did show up.
God bless him for that. You know the bulk of the day has been filled with the same stupid questions and comments that fill up the WGN post-game shows:
- "How come this team doesn't have more spirit?!"
- "You never should have traded DeRosa!"
- "That Toyota sign is terrible and you don't spend enough money on good players!"
- "Bob Brenly for manager!"
- "Hi, I run a stupid blog and I want to interview you like I'm a real journalist."
But we'll see. Kris is bringing her camera to capture some of the moments for posterity and I'll have an update later unless the world explodes under the weight of the Lebron decision before I have a chance.