Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh Captain, My Captain

Lou Piniella is the first manager the Cubs have had in my life that I didn't want to see go, so he will, of course, retire at the end of the season.

A good portion of Cubdom will throw a party, but this is a sad day for me.

Now, in addition to a team that is aging faster than this guy...



... the Cubs will likely have a rookie manager who "played the game right," a Northwestern alum that no one seems interested in holding onto despite having success, or God help me, Bob Brenly.

It's a Way of Life.


I'll miss you, Lou.  Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The easiest way to comment is to choose the Name/URL option from the Comment As dropdown menu below. You do not need to put in a URL for this option to work.

Sometimes upon submitting the comment, you will get an error saying there is a problem. Submit the comment again and it should work. I am looking into correcting this glitch.