Monday, March 30, 2009

Note to Self: Write Something About the Cubs

It has been difficult the last week or so to make any meaningful posts because I am at the point where I just don't care. I just want the season to start already, and I really don't care who the closer is, whether the Cubs want or need extra night games, who ends up at the back end of the bullpen, or whether Mark DeRosa abusing Ted Lilly's pitches means anything.

For the love of God, can I just fast-forward a week so we can start playing the Houston Astros in a game that matters?

But alas, I have another week of hearing about whether Carlos Marmol is a whiny bitch or a disappointed competitor, debate about releasing an old crappy back-up catcher in favor of keeping a younger crappy back-up catcher with fingers held on by duct tape, and wondering which gasoline-tossing reliever we would most like to boo when he comes into a game.

This is usually the point in the year when it would be handy to have Ozzie Guillen step up and fill the void in actual news by coming out of nowhere and questioning a sportswriter's sexuality or threatening the life of Magglio Ordonez. No one is interested in a debate about whether Aaron Miles or Ryan Theriot is more worthless with a bat in his hand when Ozzie gets his mouth going. But its been all quiet on the Southern front so far.

Even my fantasy teams are boring right now. The biggest news to shake my teams is that Brandon Morrow, who I own on both teams, will now be a closer instead of a starter. Seeing as I was thin in the bullpen on both teams, this actually works out pretty well for me so far.

God help me, its only a matter of time before people start trying to talk about a Peavy trade again.

7 Days, 1 Hour, 46 Minutes until Opening Day.

7 Days, 1 Hour, 45 Minutes, and 30 seconds....

1 comments:

wpbc said...

agreed tim, can they just start playing the damned games. (thanks for the linkage btw)

Post a Comment

The easiest way to comment is to choose the Name/URL option from the Comment As dropdown menu below. You do not need to put in a URL for this option to work.

Sometimes upon submitting the comment, you will get an error saying there is a problem. Submit the comment again and it should work. I am looking into correcting this glitch.