It seems a lot of other blogs have something that is identified with them. Hire Jim Essian has the Muskbox, Wrigleyville23 has the invention of the TOOTBLAN, Waxpaperbeercup is your one-stop shop for all things Cubs sale related, and of course, the aptly named Cubs in Haiku and Cubs Magic Number.
A bunch of people have jumped on the Stone story, but I thought I could take this opportunity to make Aisle 424 the place for Steve Stone ridicule.
But then, I realized that Stone is probably enjoying the attention and he is probably gaining popularity with Sox fans. Also, I don't want to be as singularly obsessed with one particular individual because that just isn't healthy. I want none of that, so there will be no regular feature, and unless something dramatic pops up, I won't be harping on Stone for awhile outside of an occasional quip on Twitter.
So, instead, I put together a final (for now) homage to our favorite asshat announcer:
10. Is the only person who believes Kaplan when he says the tan is natural.
9. Doesn't realize the kids out there don't give a damn what he says.
8. Thinks Mila Kunis is a venereal disease.
7. Thought this picture was a good idea at the time:
(Thanks, HJE, for finding this)
6. Is very excited about next summer's concert at Wrigley because he's never seen Michael Jackson perform.
5. Lost thousands in 2000 failed t-shirt selling venture when he patented the phrase, "Valley Fever: Catch It!"
4. Whenever his phone rings, he thinks it's Kent Mercker calling to apologize.
3. Lost bet with Bill Murray that Rick Sutcliffe wouldn't steal a base. (This one is real.)
2. As God as his witness, he thought turkeys could fly.
1. Still believes a major league franchise would hire him as GM.
By the way, I called that Soriano walk-off grand slam as Bradley trotted to first after the intentional walk. So, I'm waiting up for Crane Kenney's call to offer me the General Manager position, which I am sure is now coming. If not, I'm going to get pretty bitchy. Afterall, I'm a baseball genius. I predicted the outcome of an at-bat.